- 7-Zip now can unpack files encoded with Base64 encoding (b64 filename extension).
- 7-Zip now can use new x86/x64 hardware instructions for SHA-1 and SHA-256, supported
by AMD Ryzen and latest Intel CPUs: Ice Lake and Goldmont.
- the speed of SHA-1/SHA-256 hash value calculation,
- the speed of encryption/decryption in zip AES,
- the speed of key derivation for encryption/decryption in 7z/zip/rar archives.
- The speed of zip AES encryption and 7z/zip/rar AES decryption was increased with
the following improvements:
- 7-Zip now can use new x86/x64 VAES (AVX Vector AES) instructions, supported by
Intel Ice Lake CPU.
- The existing code of x86/x64 AES-NI was improved also.
- There is 2% speed optimization in 7-Zip benchmark's decompression.
- Some bugs were fixed.